Tuesday 8 March 2011

Herbert Baglione

I have this crazy love for simple black and white illustration. I think its because I am so fascinated with line quality. I love how a thick black line sets off a stark contrast to fine white lines, creating a dazzling texture and richness to an illustration. This line love carries over to jewellery as well, but we are talking illustration right now. For that matter I want to gush a little about my total love of Herbert Baglione. Baglione is a Brazilian artist who works both inside and out on the street. His large scale, simplistic street work is just as amazing as his gallery quality, detailed illustrations. His pallet of mostly black/white is often times highlighted with flashes of gold or colour, further driving home how stark a contrast there is between the bold black and white of the image. There is something so haunting, and yet to familiar about his images. Look for more on his blog here: http://www.herbertbaglione.blogspot.com/  or his flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trashisfesch/410331783/

No comments:

Post a Comment